This will help you gain a comprehensive understanding of foreign exchange markets: the underlying theories, the instruments traded, the associated risks such as transaction exposure, operating exposure, translation exposure, etc. and how those risks are addressed/redressed using several techniques.
This course will unravel those complexities and help you gain a comprehensive understanding of foreign exchange markets: the underlying theories, the instruments traded, the associated risks such as transaction exposure, operating exposure, translation exposure, etc. and how those risks are addressed/redressed using several techniques including using derivative instruments such as currency options, currency futures and currency swaps.
You should have a minimum of 1+ Year of Experience with min 50% in any UG Program.
What You’ll Learn
- The structure and functioning of foreign exchange markets
- The several macroeconomic factors such as interest rates and inflation that impact foreign exchange rates
- How are exchange rates quoted
- The concepts governing foreign exchange markets such as Interest rate parity, purchasing power parity, forex reserves, balance of payments and central banks intervention as well as country risk (also known as ‘sovereign risk’ in some countries)
- The causes and consequences of foreign exchange risks such as transaction exposure, translation exposure, operating exposure, etc. as well as the tools and techniques to manage those risks
- It will also look at derivative products such as currency futures, currency swaps and currency options and their role in not only helping market participants to hedge against foreign exchange risks but also to speculate and make additional profits where possible
P C Narayan
Faculty at IIM Bangalore
P C Narayan is a faculty member in the Finance & Accounting Area at the Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIMB), where he has been teaching since 2003. His areas of research interest and expertise include risk management, banking and financial markets, international finance, regulation and monetary policy and technology related to banking and financial markets. His PhD thesis won the ‘Outstanding Doctoral Research Award’ of the European Foundation for Management Education and Emerald Publishing in 2013. He won the ‘Teaching Innovator Award-2016’ from the Ministry of Human Resources Development, Government of India for his innovative and effective use of technology in the graduate class-room. He was a member of the Advisory Group of the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) set up by the Government of India in 2009. He consults for and trains managers in several organizations in India and abroad in the banking, manufacturing and information technology sectors. Prior to joining IIMB, he was based overseas for several years with a multinational bank and subsequently as the President of a bank in India. Having spent many years in industry as well as in academia and having travelled to over 40 countries and having worked in 20 different countries, he brings a breadth of global experience and a unique cross-cultural perspective in his teaching and research.
We have a dedicated team who will be more than happy to meet and discuss what course suits you best based on your profile and interests. Drop an email on firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a one-on-one appointment with an enrollment counselor. Or call us on +91 9422 0092 07/09/10/12 and we can find a time to meet.